Frequently asked zoning questions
What is required to obtain a zoning certificate?
- Site plan showing the following:
- the entire lot and the dimensions
- all buildings/structures currently on the property with all the setbacks from property lines
- the proposed new building, addition, fence, swimming pool, etc. with the setbacks from the property lines
- Drawing or picture of the proposed structure, building or addition
- Contractor's name, address, and phone number
- Total cost of the proposed building or project
What are the requirements to build a detached garage, pole building, shed, or any type of accessory building?
- Can not be any closer than 2 feet to the side or rear property lines.
- Can not be any closer to the road than the existing house that is already on the property.
- The building can not cover more that 5% of the total square footage of the property.
- A new building can not be placed on property that already has 5% coverage.
- For lots between 5,000 - 11520 sqft with a home already on it can construct a building of no more than 576 sqft or 24' x 24'